Unisons by Machine

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:25:40 -0500

At 11:25 AM -0600 1/20/03, <tune4u@earthlink.net> wrote:
>I don't know WHAT my point was, to be honest. I just got rambling and
>jabbering after making another point ...
>
>I KNOW there are amazing, fast, solid, ear tuners out there. And I'm
>envious!

I KNOW there are amazing, fast, solid, ear tuners out there, too. But
I would want to witness the actual tuning while the person was doing
it, and then check it over for accuracy before agreeing that I'd
actually met one.

When the Rubic Cube craze was in full swing twenty years ago, I heard
of cube competitions in which high school and college kids would
complete thoroughly random cubes in under a minute. (It also
supposedly involved vaseline smears on the internal sliding
surfaces.) Speed is easier completing a Rubic Cube than in tuning a
piano because the cube are none of a tuning's grey areas. But it also
overlook is the fact that there is more than one way to complete a
cube, and true genius lies in continuing to discover more ways to do
this.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
     ...........The new math