Piano Side

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:26:21 -0500

At 10:52 PM -0500 1/20/03, Farrell wrote:
>Yes, more details, please. This sounds bazaar!
>
>Terry Farrell

It sounds like a school 45" studio uprght, or maybe even a 48"
vertical.  And yes, at least one of the sides was split loose from
the back. First of al, do all four casters sit in the same plane (for
instance a hardwood floor? Second, has anyt other major part of the
body shown signs of wrneching or crunching? For instance, the
opposite side? When you look at the sight-lines of the two sides, are
they skewed or parallel.

Does it seem to squeeze back together fairly easily, or will the
parts simply not join together? Have you tried clamps on it? Are
there multiple internal fractures, or even parts smashed or missing?

Are you involved in this as an insurance repair?

>>Also what kind of glue do I use?
>>
>>   Thanks
>>
>>   Jack

Whaddya think guys, contact cement? butyl caulk? You know, butyl calk
comes in all these Celestial Seasonings flavors, they're really
designer-friendly. No more Aire'd'Retread, like the old stuff.

>>              Not trying to be flippant, but you'll get more help with a
>>  little more effort and the courtesy of a last name.
>>
>>              Sincerely
>>
>>              Tom Driscoll

I'd like to know what you can do, and what you don't want to do. Just
for starters, just making sure our advice can be appropriate for your
situation and your skills. All in good neighborliness.

Yard-dog Bill