Yamaha C6S let-off

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:01:50 +0100

Hello,

I believe that may be you refer to the exaggerated letoff on verticals
(up to 15 mm in the early days and still too much on many verticals),
Yamaha grand Silent action is specially designed to allow a normal
letoff when used in silent mode.

A bit difficult to describe in my poor English, but the letoff rail is
moving to change the letoff only when the hammers are restricted to
hit the strings.

What is the letoff in this mode I don't know, but the touch is very
good.

Hope that helps.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.