aural technique for treble

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:52:38 -0500 (EST)

Wim wrote:
> You're tuning not just the octaves. You're tuning the whole piano.

I was thinking about that. It's just that I hear people talk about octaves
mostly in the upper treble. In the temperament section and lower I hear
more about the other intervals than I do in the upper treble.

For example, in the bass you're balancing 10ths, 17ths, double octaves,
5ths, etc. In the upper treble I hear mostly about double octaves or
triple octaves. But I suppose I should be listening to running intervals
there, too.

Charles