aural technique for treble

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:42:27 -0500

> Does anyone do this?

no, but try this Charles..:

I've been using this new(to me) technique for about a week, and I like it.

When tuning the 5th and 6th octaves, use the 3:1 AND the 4:2 reference
notes..in other words, if you're tuning C5, play F3 and C3 at the same time,
holding down the Sos pedal(Sorry Bill..I'll figure out 'shimming' soon!).

What this has done, and it's probably pulling hairs at that point, is made
sure that you're on the correct side of the window without having to test
yourself out of a gig..usually, you're a little too high using this
technique, and a little bump down is all the pin needs at that point. You
test using the single octave listening to how 'busy' that single octave
might be.

Try it.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com