Yamaha/Water Damaged

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:32:48 EST

In a message dated 1/24/03 3:34:27 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Bigeartb@aol.com
writes:

> Gentleperson:
>     I have been asked to evaluate the condition of a Yamaha G-2 that has
> been in a home whose air conditioning system raised the humidity to 90% and
> caused severe molding in the entire house. They know for sure the piano has
> been in these conditions for at least 6 months.

Toomy

I would wait at least 6 months, with the piano in a dry and stable
environment, before assessing any damage. I know the insurance company wants
to settle this claim as soon as possible, but that's their problem. There is
no way of knowing what is going to happen to the piano in a short period of
time.

Wim