close enough>??

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:19:21 -0800

I build in enough time in my normal fee to do some little extras, maybe
touch up the voicing, vacuum out the piano, whatever is pressing, but not
necessarily everything if time doesn't allow.  I usually allow 15 minutes
for "other" things.  If I see it needs more than that then I discuss it
with the customer.  I agree with Susan K. that nickel and diming is not
generally good for establishing a positive working relationship.  You are
better off charging a little more in your flat fee and doing a bit more.
As far as pitch corrections go, my normal tuning gets two passes.  One for
fine tuning and one to check the tuning and unisons.  A pitch correction
would be an additional pass: coarse pitch raise, fine tuning, check tuning
and unisons.  For that I charge an extra 15 - 20 minutes worth ($25.00).

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net