close enough?/Terry

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:38:18 -0800

At last! An honest man! (I was having a hard time holding that lantern!<G>)
One that will own up to taking a few hours to do the work. Also, Terry, I
agree with you from OUR stand-point but the point I was trying to make was
that the "Once every 10 years crowd" don't get charged enough. I personally,
would never "Punish" them, as Wim perceives it, but, I'm certainly not going
to give them a quicky tuning and fast once over, either. They pays fer what
they get, IMO. In my case I try to give them the best service, I and the
piano can give/get. I seldom do more than 2 pianos in an 8 hour day. It's
three if they are regular clients and no repairs are anticipated. Although,
that usually ends up being a 10 hr. day, because there's always some darned
thing that needs attention. :-( The only time I do more than 3 pianos, in a
day, is when I am doing school pianos that have been serviced regularly.
(Our climate is moderate, so I don't have to deal with wild swings of the
humidity/temp like a lot of youse guys do. :-)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)