Tuning techniques

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:49:13 -0700

Hi Tommy,
I just mutter very quietly <G>
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bigeartb@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 10:34 PM
  Subject: Re: Tuning techniques

  Antares:
       Thanks for the information. I have found when the pins are really =
tight, maybe due to high humidity, instead of the gradual push or pull =
on the hammer, I seem to get better pin setting results by 'tapping' or =
'a jerk' in small increments until I 'jerk just above the pitch and then =
'quick chop' the note while at the same time setting or setteling the =
pin. I have also found I get much better stability by pulling not over 2 =
beats sharp and then settling or setting the pin. Any more than that and =
the pitch may become flat when finally settled.=20
  When pins at so tight they jump while at the same time the strings =
jump, I change my technique just a bit.....I add cussing!!!!!!
                Still learning!!!!!!
  Thanks
  Tommy Black
  Decatur, Ala.