freebies

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:19:53 -0600

Mike,

At 08:08 1/27/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Ron,
>
>So the implications are (at least) two very different procedures for the
>pitch-raise and fine tune passes:
>
>1:  Pitch raise by pulling up to pitch and moving on.  Fine tune by
>manipulating every string to ensure that it is on pitch and stable.
>
>2.  Pitch raise by pulling above pitch and firmly stabilizing.  Fine tune
>by manipulating only those strings which are not on pitch.
>
>What to do?  Which procedure is faster/better?
>
>Mike Spalding

In a word,  Yes.  I'm thinking different strokes for different folks.

I suppose maybe I cheat a little in that, when I'm pitchraising w/o
settling, I don't always stop the spinner dead. If it is turning, it is
turning a little on the sharp side. This might account for stuff settling
into freebie status when doing the "fine" tune.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White