ETD Pitch Raising

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:26:37 -0700

I probably spend an hour on floor tunings.  But keep in mind I almost
never have to do a pitch raise/equalization on floor tunings.  I find
that if the piano is tuned frequently, then it doesn't drop enough in
pitch to warrant a pitch raise.  Usually these pianos are within 5
cents, which for a floor tuning can be hit in one pass, and remain
stable.

Jonathan Finger RPT.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Chick (EarthLink)
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 8:25 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: ETD Pitch Raising

List Members
Some on the list do floor tunings for piano dealers.  How much time do
you
spend doing a pitch raise ( lowering, correcting ) using an ETD, and
does
this task leave the paino in reasonable tune for a floor tuning.
Several
times a year I'm faced with "bulk" tunings--time consuming, but doesn't
pay
well.  RCT claims a pitch raising program that can yield an acceptable
floor
tuning with one pass.  Can this be done with Tune Lab Pro?  How much
time
does it take you?

Thank you.

Paul Chick