Plane/Chisel Stone Sharpening

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:54:57 -0500

Gordon,
         For once no flame suit is needed. I tried this method when I read
the article and was able to shave with my pocket knife afterwards. The
initial sharpening took some time but afterwards the leather strop provides
a quick touch up and keep it razor sharp. I don't make a habit out of
shaving with a pocket knife but it's really nice to have a sharp blade!  I
still prefer my diamond plates though. They cut to the desired angle much
quicker!

Greg Newell