need answers?????

Kdivad@aol.com Kdivad@aol.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:15:17 EST

Hi, I am writing because I was told that useing a light weight sandpaper on
the hammer rail could cause a woody sound, but I have a problem using string
felt because of bunching and moving of the hammers to much. Also the back
rail felt on the keyframe if you put back the cardboard that was on there and
put thick felt and pull it tight on the frame there should be on problem, but
I was told by someone who said they worked for Steinway you could here a
woody sound also. I want to know from as many of you what do you think??????
I think some of it hes blowing smoke.
 Laura