ozone chamber

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:24:32 -0500

Well, he is supposed to send me a list of product I could try to get
in Canada to clean the wood parts, and he talked about building a tent
to fumigate the action (Thermo-fogging). There were 24 pianos
affected. Some of them not even worth tuning mind you. This estimate
just bugs me. I whish I could just tell them to junk these. I find it
stupid to spend money to repair (remove odor) pianos that are not
worth tuning (some of them I've refused to tune for over 2 years).
Well, who ever said that life was perfect. I guess they wer lucky. The
firemen covered the pianos before putting out the fire, and since the
fire was between the roof and the ceiling, most of the heat went out.
The pianos were taken out very rapidly and the humidity level was
brought down to 40% within 48 hrs.

I still have to make an estimate of repairs for the insurance people
and I don't like it at all.

Marcel