Practical Approaches was RE: This Needs A DefinitiveSettlement was RE: 1...

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:19:59 EDT

Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> There is plenty of room for experiementation with such things that can bring
> you new insights. I think its important to try and find answers to such
> questions as they pop up in our experiences on our own. And, I think far to
> often, mystersious phenonmena akin to the "circle of sound" that seem
> flourish
> so readily, get started because we do not bother to use our own persepectives
> and experimentations to check out some new (or old) claim.... but simply sit
> passively by and except this or another presumed expertise and authority.
>
> Experiment with the thing... you never know what you might bump into !

Thanks, Ric.  Given some of the doozies I've been tuning lately, there is
HUGE room for experimentation.  I have plenty of guinea pig pianos to practice
on--I "service" a rental fleet of Story and Clark, Marantz, Aeolian, and Cable
spinets.  Being constantly challenged is one of the great aspects of this
work....:-(

Dave Stahl