A couple of fixes

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:19:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/03 2:34:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bigda@gte.net
writes:

> Though her payment for my time was less than I would have asked,
>
> she said that she would recommend me to many of her students.  I figured it
> was pretty cheap PR.
>

> Great report, Dave.  So revealing of so many things.....could you explain
> the first part of this statement, please?

David,

I didn't charge her my normal hourly rate, since I more or less volunteered
to check her pedal assembly.  I asked her to pay me what she thought was fair.
I was there for about an hour and a half total, and she paid me for about
half of that time.

I diplomatically let her know that she got a really good deal, and that I was
happy to have solved her problem.  She was pretty excited to have her
Bechstein functioning again.  She said she would suggest to most of her students that
their pianos need tuning, and she would recommend me for the job.  Sounds
like it will be a good deal in the long run.

Dave Stahl