Treble Resonator

Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:37:54 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: July 07, 2003 6:07 AM
Subject: Re: Treble Resonator

> Really? So what is the tension resonator for? Ever
> taken one out and listened for a  difference?
>     Thump

A lot has been written about the so-called "tension resonator." It's in the
archives.

No, I haven't taken one out and listened for a difference. I have, however,
loosened one up such that no tension remained on any of the rods and then
listened for a difference. I'll want to repeat the experiment when I'm in a
better position to measure the results--but we sure couldn't hear any.

Del