Wagner Safe-T-Planer/Tom Driscoll

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:41:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 5:53 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Wagner Safe-T-Planer/Tom Driscoll

Tom,
You said: "Without the jig pictured, I found it very difficult to
control
the key
as the cutter would chatter and kick the key around."
The reason for the "chatter and kick...", is that the Drill Table is NOT
square with the Planer! Also, you may be running at too low of a speed.
Refer to my previous post regarding "squaring" the Planer to the table.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

	Joe,
	Although against my basic instincts I checked the directions
that came with the Wagner Planer and they advise the Max. safe speed to
be 600 RPM. I was operating @ 800 rpm with no problem . You recomended
1200 RPM for a keystick.  My little drill press doubles to 1600 RPM  at
the next pulley setting ,so W.W.J.D.? (What would Joe do?)
	Thanks,
	Tom Driscoll