Wagner Safe-T-Planer/Tom Driscoll

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:14:18 -0700

When I bought my Wagner Safety Planer, after Bill Spurlock's
recommendation in the early 80s, I was advised by the instructions to
run it at around 2500 rpm. So, that's what I've done over the years. But
I've never tried a slower speed and will experiment with that. There may
be an optimum speed for key sticks.

I think what's important, besides Joe's advice about being square with
the table, is that the cutters are kept sharp. You'll get tear out at
any speed if they're a little dull.

Tom Cole