Sostenuto rail

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:45:25 -0400

This is a multipart message

Tom,
    I could be missing something here but why does it matter how many bass notes? Doesn't the sostenuto rail extend to cover all the dampered notes?

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net

------------Original Message-------------
From: Tompiano@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Date: Wed, Jul-9-2003 3:28 PM
Subject: Sostenuto rail
List,?I have a concert instrument ( 21 bass)  and the sostenuto rail is missing. Looks like I either need to have a sostenuto rail made or (hopefully) find a manufacturer who shares a similar 21 note bass configuration. Do you know of any scaled pianos being manufactured today which uses a 21 note bass? Mason & Hamlin BB??No luck through Schaff or Pianotek. ?Thanks?Tom Servinsky, RPT