grand soft pedal

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:45:14 -0400

Hello,

I had to work on an old Kharn grand about 6'. The soft pedal mecanism
has some kind of levers attached to the wippens that lifts the whole
wippen assembly making the hammer line closer to the strings. I had
seen this kind of arrangement only one on a  Pease grand. The problem
is that this assembly is REALLY in the way when you try to regulate
the hammer line. Is there a special way and/or tool to accomplish the
regulation on these or is the only way to do something consist of
retrofitting a regular unacorda system?

Thanks all for your help and knowledge.

Marcel

Marcel Carey