Deep Freeze Piano!!!!!

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 00:25:45 +0200

My My my how such a posting brings out the passion, headscratching, and contrasts
in how people think about things. David A., some people have to be able to put a
number on anything that exists.... or it doesnt. On the other hand, some people
go the opposite extreme and deny the validity of what the numbers tell us in the
first place. Oddly enough it seems to be the later that has stimulated the former
to the largest quantum leaps in our cumuliative history of knowledge, tho no
doubt many will have issues with that claim.

I personally think its great to be open to even the wildest ideas, and hold those
doors always ever so slightly open. You never know when the numbers are going to
add up in their favour after all. God knows thats happened often enough.

There is no end to the things we << know >>, and seemingly no end to how often
these << knowledges >> change in such amusingly conflicting ways.

Thump on your pianos, and trust in what you have come to understand what that
tells you. Speak your own language to yourself... all this to be sure. But of
course.... be open to what the numbers say as well. Both dieties have their
validity,,,, and their failings

Some quotes

"It's yet another of the magic bullet/philosophers stone free lunches that
everyone wishes they would find to revolutionalize the industry, science,
the world, the universe, get dates, grow hair, get rich, etc."

"I've been thumpin' on the underside of boards with the damper
pedal depressed for 20 years, and I can definitely pick up a lot of info
about the condition of the board from listening:  loose ribs, loose edges,
lack of resonance (i.e. crown and bearing), the general "voice" of the
board/piano."

"My overall impression is that this story is the result of a reporter
looking for a novelty storyline and a tech that is stretching the envelope.
Obviously, thumping a freshly frozen and retreived carcass of a piano isn't going

to produce much basis for serious anything.  If it does,  I'll invest the time
to find out more, then, yet..??"

"The treatment takes 48-72 hours and apparently does change
the molecular structure of the metal. There were testimonials from drummers
about their cymbals amd a saxophonist bragging about his better sounding
horn."

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.