Blood as a Pin Driving Fluid OTOTOTOT

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:14:11 -0700

If I remember correctly, there alsowas this guy named Hans Conried who =
did a TV show called "Fractured Flickers", but not the same person. I =
remember the science series very well.
Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Conrad Hoffsommer=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 4:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Blood as a Pin Driving Fluid OTOTOTOT

  At 00:26 06/01/2003 -0500, you wrote:
  >I  would think that since blood is as salty as sea water it would
  >rust the heck out of the tuning pins.   When I was a kid (in the
  >3rd or 5th grade) they showed us the Bell Telephone movie about
  >Hemo the Magnificent  and a few others.  I thought Hemo said blood
  >was the same saltiness as sea water.   Then a real life guy
  >botched the film  reels---was he also the narrator?  I forget that
  >actor's name. -----rm

  The narrator for Hemo the Magnificent was Hans Conreid.

  Great actor (IMHO) and real nice in person.  Back around 1970 when I =
was=20
  stationed in Long Beach, I visited a college friend in Altadena.  Her=20
  parents invited me to stay for dinner, but warned me that an old =
family=20
  friend would also be there.

  Turned out to be Conreid.  Very enjoyable evening

  BTW, the salinity of blood is thought to be that of seawater  - =
billions=20
  (or at least many millions) of years ago.

  Conrad Hoffsommer

  Early to rise: early to bed;
  Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.