recording

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:14:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/2003 3:08:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kennyfin@jetstream.net writes:

> Terry:
>
> Glen Gould is probably the world's expert on piano recording. He has a
> couple of books out, all very much in favour of piano technicians. As an eccentric
> genius, I'm not sure if he specifically wrote a how-to manual for recording.
> If you haven't heard of him, think of Voyager II travelling through outer
> space, constantly playing his version of the Goldberg Variations, seeking new
> life, new worlds, new communication.

Kenny:
Sounds like we're talking here in the present tense.  Glen is no longer
amongst the living.  He was a very noisy guy to have to record.  Was constantly
humming along with his own playing.  A genius at the keyboard, but annoying to
hear recordings of his playing.

Bob Bergantino