Tallone

David C. Stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 05:28:10 -0400

>Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:25:11 -0700

>> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>
>---------------------- multipart/alternative attachment
>on 6/3/03 5:52 AM, David M. Porritt at dm.porritt@verizon.net wrote:
>Wim
>But there is.  There's a lot we can do to change it.  There are a lot of
>people making some good money taking too heavy Steinway actions and making
>them play wonderfully.
>
>On 6/3/2003 at 8:33 AM Wimblees@aol.com wrote:
>
>In other words, with regard to the customer who complained about the heavy
>action on a 3 or 4 year old Steinway, the first thing we need to ask is, "Is
>this what you bought?" If it is, there isn't much we can do to change it.
>                                            Wim
David,

Your comments about Keith Hardesty et al bring to mind other influencial
personages of the past..
I was wondering if you or anyone knows of the legendary Italian named
Tallone?   I've heard snips here and there, that he did miracles with
actions, that he had some early influence on Fazioli etc...  Would love to
know more.

David Stanwood