Stienway sustenuto bar

Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:46:24 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Roberts" <kpiano@goldrush.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 05, 2003 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: Stienway sustenuto bar

> It is confusing in that silver soldering in the plumbing trades was a
hard
> stick  like a brazing rod. Is that what you meant? You had to bring the
> copper up to the point it was about ready to melt and the stuff would
flow
> in with its own flux. That seems like over kill to me. Just regular
solder
> done properly should work. I just put two of those rods on but I can't
quite
> picture how that is attached so maybe I'm steering you wrong. Good luck.
> Keith Roberts

The stuff we used was in wire form just like the lower temperature stuff.
And it didn't have to get all that much hotter. Some, but not a lot.

We didn't use it a lot. When we did it was to solder certain connections
together that had to take a whole lot of unexpected vibration in certain
airplanes under certain conditions and go on flying with at least some of
their electronics still working.

Del