YC Brackets, again

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:23:02 -0500

Avery:

I've done several of these.  Usually I find some blocking hammers and
fix the let-off.  Next tuning the same thing.  If it's changing that
fast you know it's probably growing.

Most don't get so bad that the action won't come out, but some do if
the piano has been ignored for a long time.  The guy in the parts
department at YC told me he had heard of an action where they had to
reach in with some heavy tools and break the action brackets to get
it out.

Weird stuff.

dave