assist springs

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:24:20 +0200

"David C. Stanwood" wrote:

> I have never considered it to be a problem because the motion of the
hammer
> when measuring up and down weight without springs is not significantly
> different with them.

This is actually a very good point in favour of whippen assist springs. Tho
still dont really see the added range of configurations possible with them
to be
all that usefull, nor do I see the advantage of being able to adjust BW
quickly
to be that overwhelming.

How often are you actually going to be changing BW in this matter ? I mean
really
how often ??  And in the vast majority of situations we dont need more SW
then a
SWR 5.5 ratio can handle.

btw David... as long as you are "here" for the moment :).... what do you
prefer
as a short for the Stanwood Ratio... SWR or SBR.... just sost we are all
using
the same thing.

Cheers

RicB