scale sticks for string makers?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 15:22:36 +0000

Hi all-

Over the years, I've heard other techs that do re-scaling bemoan the fact
that they can't seem to get string makers to follow their directions when
making a set of wound strings.  When I've been at Schaff, I've watched the
string dudes yank a stick off the wall to make a full or partial set.  How
'bout instead of sending a list of numbers for them to match, you send them
a stick, or a paper pattern that could be mounted on a stick on location?
Anyone know what info is on the stick, and how it is notated?  Wouldn't it
be handy if the scale program could print out the stick info?

(My mind was wandering while tuning again.....)

Ron Koval
Chicagoland