Daewoo Rep Springs

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:39:58 +0200

Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/10/03 7:22:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
>

>> If you can get a tool in there at all, then you can push the whole
>> spring downwards till you loosing the coil a bit... no ?
>
> Ric,
>
> Since the spring is bowed upward against the bottom of the balancier,
> the only portion of spring that is visible is a tiny length near the
> rep lever/flange center. I could barely get my spring tool in there to
> pull it out of the slot, and there's nothing to rub, because the
> length of the spring is pressing upward against the lever.  It's
> backwards, if you ask me.

I understand (I think :) ), and the only solution is to use an alternate
method of relieving tension on the coil of the spring. Get your tool
inbetween the spring and the underside of the balancier... and push the
whole spring downwards, the farther down you go the more you will stress
the spring, and at some point you will start to weaken the coil. Just
dont weaken it too much :) You might have to press it so much that the
thing goes almost down to the lower arm of the whippen.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.