Steinway O

Calin Tantareanu dnu@fx.ro
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:06:00 +0300

Thanks for the replies. I am not going to do anything to the piano besides
refinishing and action regulation + hammer shaping/voicing, as it is in a
good condition.
I am already impressed with its bass, which is damn good for a 180cm piano.
It's a really strong typically Seinway bass, you could even say rough ;-)
The only weird thing is, that contrary to what some people here say, the
lowest A has a very long string (~140cm if I remember correctly, on a
cantilever or apron bridge - what's the correct name?) and a very short
backscale, yet it sounds good.
What do you think?
I can take some pictures of it if anybody is interested.

 Calin Tantareanu
 http://calintantareanu.tripod.com