Shank Lengths for Steinway L

antares@euronet.nl antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 00:33:22 +0200

On dinsdag, jun 10, 2003, at 19:25 Europe/Amsterdam, Richard Brekne
wrote:

> Yeah.. but... :)  for the most part the rest of the piano has
> reasonably
> uniform shank lengths ... or what ?
>
> RicB

Sure, as far as you and I know, 13,5 cm, but in the treble it may vary
because of the shortcomings in the frame. I have seen them move the
entire third hammer section inwards more than 6-7-even 8 cm! not to
mention the last section.

Antares,
The Netherlands

see my website at : www.concertpianoservice.nl