Shank Lengths for Steinway L

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:43:51 -0400

Checked lengths on my (factory) L.  Measured from center to end
of shank and subtracted 3.8 mm to approximate half the
molding thickness (since some moldings are angled, then
sanded down on the checked side it was hard to figure where
the "center" of the molding is).  Looks like a very slight
decreasing tendency, if you use your imagination.

note    mm
1        130.2
6        130.6
11      130.4