Plastic Kawai problem

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:44:21 -0500

At 3:35 PM -0700 6/11/03, Donald Mannino wrote:
>Dave,
>
>You should first try to ream and repin, as loose action centers can
>usually be solved with large center pins.  If they have been loose
>for a long time and the bushings are damaged, then you may have to
>rebush at least some of them.

Hi Don, thanks, but these are so incredibly loose that I do not want
to try to force such a large pin (if I could get one large enough,
#25 was loose in the bushing) through such an unyielding  birdseye.
Rebushing the set seems like my only hope, or replacing. I will try
the pvc-e, I guess that will work on the dampers as well.
--
----Dave

Dave Doremus RPT
New Orleans