Key Leads and Inertia

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:27:50 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> At 10:05 PM -0400 6/10/03, Mark Davidson wrote:
> >I wouldn't say that static balancing is meaningless, but for Stanwood's
> >system to work, you have to have smooth weights AND smooth geometry.  I think
> >the latter is understood, but not necessarily emphasized enough.  Without
> >smooth geometry, the system falls apart pretty quickly.
>
> Actually I like a system which is based on both smooth weight AND
> geometry.

And Actually actually, this is just yet another one of those misconceptions that
keep getting circulated about what Stanwood is and isnt. Of course.... of course
static weight balancing is contigent upon reasonably good, (for not to say
optimal) geometry. And of course getting this geometry at least within acceptable
parameters is a prerequisite for doing the job, and for checking BW for that
matter.

If there is anything that is not understood, it is that Stanwood does not, has
not, and no doubt will never claim anything else.

In point of fact... the whole method provides an excellent tool for finding an
smoothing certain aspects of geometric issues commonly overlooked.

--

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.