Breaking news

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:42:33 +0200

Hello all.

I just got my fantastic Mitutoyo multi-anvil high precision (up to 0.01
mm) micrometer.  I am going wild.
I took (among other interesting things) the real measure of an inch.
Breaking news : it measures 2.898 cm, and not 2.54 cm like some less
conscientious fellows could think.  And yes, I waited until the
micrometer was thermically stabilized, and zeroed it properly, in the
same posture as that in what I did the measure.

I thought you might like to be kept informed.  Evidence attached.

Stéphane Collin.

[Photos are at:]

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/3b/e5/5d/5a/
historicalinchmeasure.jpg