Helper springs

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:32:19 -0700

> From: Bill Ballard <yardbird@vermontel.net>
Hopefully the performance shortcomings of helper springs can be demonstrated
in trials an engineer would be happy with.

> Bill Ballard RPT
> NH Chapter, P.T.G.

Uh...why would it satisfy me or my clients, the composers, artists, serious
players to have a trial an engineer woould be happy with? Of course, I
understand the paradigm of scientific thought and inquiry/validation, but
please, folks, let's never forget that the bottom line here is:
how does it FEEL to the player?

Let's have a test with 10 fabulous piano players from different genres
playing
the same piano, but really PLAYING it, for as long as it took them to know
the
spielart, over a 48-hour period where the tuning, voicing, and regulation
can
be kept consistent to a very high standard.

Just my very strong opinion......David Andersen