( OT? ) voluntary spill on keys about to happen

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:02:50 +0200

Yellow felt pens as used for lacquer touch up. They will stay in the
keys until these are sanded and polished anyway. count on 3 hours work
approx. to have them back to white and shiny (the front should be the
hardest part to renew so it is safer to use water based color for the
fronts).

The sharps could be sanded with very fine grit (400) or rubbed with
pumice.
You can also forget your cigar on the edge of the key block, or on
some keys, that is very classy, and often seen in some pseudo jazz
clubs.

If you use a substance that is not sticky to the plastic keys, it will
rip off when played.
BTW once coloured with those aggressive pens, the touch will became
dirty after a bit of playing because the surface will catch dirt
easier so don't overdo that.

I can come and do the job assuming you can pay me enough !

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy