[ot] RE: Bonk - signature

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:39:54 +0200

Richard,

The list is also read as digests (that are messages put together so
you receive less mails) In this form, pictures, embedded texts as your
signature produce pages of garbage that can be read. I have used the
digest for some time and remember that a picture for instance, mean 3
or 4 pages of garbage.

When we answer mails also, it is more polite to clean the original
text so the answer stay reasonable in length, among others for those
who read the digests ( I rarely do that I admit).
I stopped the digest reading before of these problems.

For the soundboard problem it is may be possible that the bridge
himself is attacked, I know an unglued bridge produce a strong bonky
tone and any lack ness of glue at the base of the bridge is killing
tone. But still if when plucked a string ring normally (loud , etc) I
see no reason why she could not accept the hammer hit (unless the
structural integrity of the bridge or soundboard is attained)

You can try to push with wedges on the soundboard to see if the
problem tend to go. I is worst the investisment to lay the piano and
have a look from below also.

Of course somebody may pay for that investigation job if possible,
even if you may tell in the end that no easy cure is envisage able.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy