Upright Stringing - Pressure Bar

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

Put just enough tension on the strings to get them
sort of flat, then install pressure bars and go back
and forth with screwdriver until it is at the level
you want. But if this is your Mason, it probably has
legs on the P-bar to regulate height, right?
     I hate slottred screws on P-bars. so, if I am
being really picky I will install lag bolts ( after
filing off the head markings, sanding smooth and
nickel plating, of course! )with stainless washers
under their heads, which looks close enough to nickel
for trhe little bit that shows. Much easier to
accurately adjust bar height, no bunged slots, better
support, etc.
     Thump