Steinway heavy touch

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:13:13 +0200

David Love wrote:

> I'll tell that to my customers, though they're quite happy with the
> improvements so far.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

I'm serious David. Telling pianists that its the weight thats the problem is
doing them a bears service. Pianists with this problem need to get good solid
information about what to do to counter it. Taking of weight, at best is a band
aid solution that will probably in the end do the dedicated pianist more harm
then good. The only way to prevent and counter this problem is to use muscles
properly... keep them nimble and stretched out, and not overdo things.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.