Pitch raise (was price shoppers)

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:37:17 +0100

Hello there,
One of you wrote;
>>>" I tire of tuning pianos that are 3-? years between tunings. ">>

Hmmn yes....My computer tells me that most of my clients have not had their
pianos tuned since the turn of the century!!!

The last pitch raise I performed, the customer wanted to deduct the price of
the cup of tea he gave me having informed him of the extra charges; which is
why I tend to decline such offers these days, both for the sake of not being
ingratiated and saving yourself from having to run off somewhere every 5
minutes. Customer's tea of coffee mostly tastes ghastly I find.