Jesse French Plastic

PatchWick@aol.com PatchWick@aol.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:44:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/2003 9:56:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Wimblees@aol.com writes:

> It's going to cost about $1400 to replace everything, including damper
> levers. So the question is, can she buy another piano for that? She probably
> could, but if she has emotional attachment to the piano, she might opt to have
> the work done.
>
> You might be able to persuade her to do the work if she has any notion of
> passing the piano on to her kids or grandchildren. You can explain that sooner
> or later someone will have to spend the money, otherwise the piano will
> remain useless.

I did one of these many years ago. Try as I might I could not talk the owner
out of it. If memory serves, she wound up paying me something in excess of
$1200 to replace elbows, whippen flanges, jacks, damper flanges and levers, as
well as butt flanges. Lots and lots of work! She could have replaced the piano
with a used one of similar quality from the dealer I was working for at the
time for about $800.

Oh well!
will w