Damper wire replacement/Keith Roberts

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:21:21 -0700

Keith,
I would like to recommend a set of tools that you will find very useful: A
complete set of "Drift Punches". These can be found at Machine Shop
Suppliers. They come in Small, Medium & Large sets. Get the "Small" set. A
Drift is a straight sided Punch. The length of the punch, (pin), part should
be at least an inch long on each Drift. An alternative is a Drift, (they
don't call it that!), that is sold by our suppliers. Page 44, Schaff;
"Center Pin Punch" #174. I've found this thing is made of a softer metal
than Machinist's Drifts, so, care needs to be taken when using it to "punch
out" tight stuff.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)