Chickering pianos

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:26:03 EDT

I just regulated and voiced one of the Baldwin/Chickering grands the other
day. I assume this was from the Baldwin plant as it had the accu-just hitch
pins.
Other than some sloppy damper work and poor positioning of the damper guide
rail, a pretty decent sounding piano.
The owner, an extremely good pianist, had just sold his Bosendorfer 6 ft
grand and bought this piano has a temporary instrument. He wasn't too keen on this
particular instrument due to a variety of reasons. However, once the
instrument was finely regulated and voiced, the Chickering turned out to be a very
singable instrument. Sure surprised me!  For $7500 he got a particularly decent
piano.
Tom Servinsky, RPT