Chickering pianos

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:43:02 -0400

I service one of these also. I have posted previously on it. Very interesting piano. For sure THE most acceptable microgrand I have ever serviced.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: Chickering pianos

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tompiano@aol.com
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: June 18, 2003 1:26 PM

  I just regulated and voiced one of the Baldwin/Chickering grands the other day. I assume this was from the Baldwin plant as it had the accu-just hitch pins.
  Other than some sloppy damper work and poor positioning of the damper guide rail, a pretty decent sounding piano.
  The owner, an extremely good pianist, had just sold his Bosendorfer 6 ft grand and bought this piano has a temporary instrument. He wasn't too keen on this particular instrument due to a variety of reasons. However, once the instrument was finely regulated and voiced, the Chickering turned out to be a very singable instrument. Sure surprised me!  For $7500 he got a particularly decent piano.
  Tom Servinsky, RPT

That, then, would be some variation of the Baldwin 4' 11" grand (their Model B). It started out as one of my designs though, depending on when it was built, it had changed and evolved some from the original concept.

Del