Centering tuning pin holes

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:58:12 -0700 (GMT)

>Richard (and others),
>

>....Drilling the block in the piano is no guarantee of precise centering.
>
>Best regards to all,
>
>Stan Kroeker, RPT

I agree with this Stan.  I personally would like to hear from those that drill in the piano about how they go about centering the drill in the plate hole.  I drill out of the piano at the drill press.  I temporarily attach the pinblock to the plate (or vice versa in the case of a Steinway) and mark the hole locations with a transfer punch.  I've been happy with the results.

Phil F

Phillip Ford
Piano Service & Restoration
1777 Yosemite Ave - 130