I thought I knew this stuff

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:29:53 EDT

Greetings,
 I just became the owner of a Steinway S, # 288471.  Date of manufacture is
1937, which I understand to be the second year of production.
  anyhow,  all the S models I have seen have two notes of size 12 1/2 wire at
the top of the scale, but this one starts at 13.  The plate numbering is
factory original,(the piano was played very little and spent the last 45 years
sitting unused in a elderly person's home).
   Anybody know when they changed the scaling on this model??
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">