Fw: piano garage

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:54:14 -0500

Travis,

I think the most important thing for the "garage" is temperature/humidity
control. When we were building our new music building several years ago,
I was able to get a "room" just outside of the main auditorium to store
the pianos when needed. I was also able to get temperature/humidity
control units installed in that room. So now, when they have to be moved
in or out, the variation is not all that much, so I have a fair amount of
tuning stability there.

I also had the construction guys put a 1x6, padded with carpet, just below
the level of the lid overhang all around the "garage". It's basically "goof
proof", no matter how they move it into there!

Let us know what you come up with.

Avery