individual hitch pins

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Del,

As I said I have no particular proof--but those few
pianos that I have tuned that were individually strung
did not exhibit the same pitch drop as pianos with
shared hitch pins. I can't "prove" it. But I suspect
it is so.

One piano that I know of (young chang G-200) has one
string looped and one indivdually tied for each 3
string unison. It ended up "somehwere" in between the
"singles only" and the "all looped" as far as pitch
correction. Again certainly not proof--but perhaps a
"pointer" on a road map.

I really liked the G-200 and am sorry they
discontinued it. It had a Steinway like "horn" in the
upper treble.

=====
Regards,
3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7